Job offer for a Part-time Technical assistant at the TRivers project
His/her functions will be the following ones:
Assistance in the design and implementation of a mobile App for temporary rivers, and its use in the participatory processes under TRIVERS project actions.
Both scientific and administrative summaries of the project can be found at the web of the project. http://www.lifetrivers.eu/en/home
• Experience in ecology of temporary rivers.
• Experience in science dissemination to the general public, and in the development of mobile Apps and citizen science.
• Knowledge of macroinvertebrates, at the identification level required.
• A master degree.
• Driver's license.
In the selection process, the following aspects will be also considered:
• Mastery of computer and statistical software tools for completing data bases.
• Knowledge of several languages, especially English for international dissemination and Catalan and Spanish for communication with groups of citizens during the participatory process.
6 month partial time (20 hours/week) contract renewable up to 1 year, in a first phase based on the objectives achieved.
The salary will be 17000 € gross/year.
Immediate incorporation at February 2017.
Work place: Departament de Biologia Evolutiva, Ecologia i Ciències Ambientals, Secció Ecologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Diagonal, 643, 08028 -Barcelona.
Submission of applications: