- An operational software tool for the sound diagnosis of temporary rivers' ecological status designed for water managers:
TREHS software. NOW AVAILABLE
- Collection of data (hydrological, physico-chemical and biological) to assess variability at natural and impacted sites in 25 pilot water bodies (Database with ca. 500 records for each basin).
- Characterization of the regimes of over 100 temporary streams based on the river regime implications on aquatic life (Database).
- Evaluation of the relationships between variability in hydrological and physico-chemical conditions and aquatic community response in relation to the determination of ES in 25 pilot basins (Report for managers).
- Guidelines and field protocols updated to the best available techniques for WFD implementation, including the measure of Ecological Status and the definition and methods for measuring the Hydrological Status (Manual of methods for managers).
- Dissemination of results via the website (number of visitors), deliverables (reports, manuals), scientific papers and organization of a final conference.
- Review of approaches and methods used in Spain for the preparation of RBMPs with particular focus on temporary streams (Manual of methods).
- An application designed for tablets and smartphones to be used by managers and stakeholders to detect and report the pressures and impacts produced in TR. This application will also serve as a method to establish the Ecological Status in a simplified manner (Software for the general public, TREHS.net).